Houston, TX 77054
Job Summary: Accountable for the maintenance needs of the property and assist the Manager in coordinating and directing the maintenance staff. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical or electrical systems.
Supervisor: Manager (In the absence of the Manager, the Assistant Manager-Operations or Leasing will make final decisions.)
Supervises: Entire maintenance staff
Hours: 40 hours per week *Workweek may include weekends, overtime and on-call hours.
Payroll Status: Non-exempt
• High School Graduate or Equivalent Training (If not, must have five years maintenance experience)
• Valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts
• Heating/Air Conditioning and other state-regulated certifications where required
• Ability to do essential duties
• Ability to be on-call after business hours
• Understand and carry out oral instructions
• Read and carry out written instructions
• Must possess basic, essential tools
• Provide training and supervision of maintenance personnel, under Manager’s direction
• Responsible for effective use of materials and equipment
• Make certain all service requests are completed in a timely manner according to Company standards
• Make certain all make-readies are completed according to Company standards in a timely manner
• Correct emergency situations such as sewer back-ups and flooding, before, during and after business hours
• Maintain inventories of supplies, tools, and equipment needed for maintenance repairs (Order supplies only upon Manager’s approval)
• Notify Manager of any supplies or parts needed to complete service requests or make-readies
• Communicate and manage outside contractors
• Implement preventative maintenance, good housekeeping and safety practices
• Responsible maintaining accurate data required by the city or state, i.e. pool and spa logs and for labeling hazardous chemicals and maintaining all Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) in an MSDS binder
• Follow all safety procedures, including wearing prescribed safety and personal protective equipment and notify supervisor of safety hazards.
• Ability to meet schedule and quality requirements.
• Responsible for updated annual permits, pool gates, etc.
• Schedule annual fire sprinkler inspection, if applicable.
Related Job Duties: Assist with disturbances during business hours and other property emergencies. Check and correct lighting problems. Monitor potential liability claims. Travel to pick up supplies and parts. Assist the Manager in monitoring unit keys and building rings.
Physical Functions: Standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, bending, reaching, writing, driving, talking, hearing and seeing. Also, withstand normal environmental conditions both inside and out throughout the year.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the duties in general terms and does not necessarily describe all functions.
Westwood Advisory Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices. Westwood Advisory Services Inc., strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.