Job Summary:Responsible for financial and bookkeeping operations and managing the property in the manager’s absence.
Supervisor:Property Manager (in the case of a manager’s absence, the Assistant Manager will make final decisions with approval from Regional supervisor).
Hours:40 hours per week
NOTE: Workweek may include weekends and could exceed the standard 40 hours.
Payroll Status:Generally Exempt, but could be non-exempt depending on the size of the property.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Training
- Two years leasing/marketing/operations experience
- Supervisory experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Service industry experience
- Ability to do essential functions
- Understand and carry out oral instructions
- Read and carry out written instructions
Leasing– Assist the Manager in ensuring that all leasing staff has completed all daily items which are listed in the job descriptions. This includes making sure that models are open and show units are selected and walked, all common areas are open, refreshments ready, golf carts ready and clean, desks stocked and supplies necessary to lease apartments are on hand before the office is opened daily. This duty may be delegated; however, Assistant Manager-Operations must also help the leasing personnel to assure that the job is complete. Will assume final responsibility for any related duties, which are delegated to leasing staff or the Assistant Manager-Leasing and Marketing.
Marketing– Responsible for the completion of the weekly market study in the absence of the Assistant Manager – Leasing and Marketing. May be required to proof weekly market studies as they are completed. Must also gain comprehensive knowledge of market, especially direct competition. Responsible for continued contact with locators and brokers. Will assist the Manager and leasing staff in implementing the Employer Call Program. Be able to help in updating property website and all other Internet marketing and leasing sites weekly.
Administrative– Accurately complete and submit daily, weekly and month-end closing reports within a specified time period. Accept payments and process for deposit, collect all delinquent rent, verify delinquent accounts have been sent to collection and audit collection reports monthly, access, input and retrieve information from the computer; proofread all lease paperwork on new leases and renewals. Assist in ensuring that leasing staff accurately notes information recorded on current weekly activity, garage and carport logs as well as leases. Conduct monthly leasing and file audits and ensure that utility billing was conducted in a timely manner and reports are correct.
Resident/Prospect Relations– Greet and qualify prospective residents. Professionally describe and demonstrate property features to generate an acceptable sales closing ratio. Must present a fresh, professional and well-groomed appearance. Must be able to respond to requests from residents as well as following up on service requests to ensure that each was completed satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
Managerial– Must be able to represent Manager in his/her absence with decision-making capabilities. Must be able to exercise good judgment.
- Skill in using standard office equipment, including computers, the Internet, telephones, fax machines, and photocopying equipment
- Must also demonstrate the ability to access, maneuver through and interpret essential functions of the computer software and hardware for the purpose of reporting
- Must be energetic, organized and service oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Skill inattention to detail
- Follow all safety procedures and notify supervisor of safety hazards
Related Job Duties:
- Inspect clubhouse, models and show units daily
- Notify manager or maintenance if grounds or common areas are not acceptable
- Verify rental applications
- Prepare Move in packets and lease paperwork
- Resident relations
- Plan and oversee resident parties
- Travel to pick up supplies for the office
- Deliver notices to residents when necessary
- Travel to bank on a daily basis to make deposits
Physical Functions:Standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, seeing, writing, driving and ability to withstand normal environmental conditions both inside and out throughout the year.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the duties in general terms and does not necessarily describe all functions.
Westwood Advisory Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices. Westwood Advisory Services Inc., strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.